- Adventures in cross-compilation
Using Github Actions to cross-compile and containerise a Go app, so it runs in K3s on a Raspberry Pi.
- Optimising MySQL with Prometheus and PMM
Why you should drop everything and add observability to your database layer immediately.
- Remote, half a year in.
I've worked fully remote for half a year now, and learned a lot along the way.
- Three language features I wish PHP had
Good languages copy, great languages steal. What could PHP nick from Python, C#, TypeScript...?
- A Simple React Native & Firebase App
A fun little mobile app I built in the sun, for multiplayer scorekeeping
- Foray into Arch Linux and AwesomeWM
On reconnecting with my inner nerd, learning stuff, and shaving numerous yaks.
- Choose Your Strategy
Using the Strategy Pattern to effectively deal with conditions, without making a mess of your codebase.
- Adventures in Oral Surgery
Things to know (and mistakes not to make) if you're undergoing wisdom teeth extraction.
- Confessions of a Serial Rebaser
I'm always asking my team to clean up their Git history. Here's what I mean by that.
- Writing Tests is Easy, Actually Testing Things is Hard
It's possible to write a lot of tests without testing anything useful at all. Don't.
- 20 Minute URL Shortener with Go and Redis
A tutorial on building a simple URL shortener API with Golang, Docker, and Redis.
- Throwing ideas together with System.JS
- A devenv that doesn't suck
An open-source hack to create a zero-config, multi-site development environment.
- Using Promises in existing jQuery projects
It's possible to make use of Promises even if you have a legacy jQuery application - here's how.
- Git is not scary or hard!
Even if you're not really technical, I believe you can really benefit from Version Control.
- Weird input methods
Responsive designs need to take into account more than just screen size.